Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Daily Readings, October 23, 2012


Tuesday, October 23, 2012   Daily Readings from the Book of Common Prayer (Revised)  Year B

Psalms 26, 28, 36, 39
Song of Songs 5:2-6:3 (Substituted for the Apocryphal Reading)
Revelation 7:9-17
Luke 10:1-16

 

            When I cannot stand it anymore, I retreat to sacred places. There, I lay before your mercy seat. If I am so tired I cannot lift my hands, I raise my heart in thanks for Him who teaches me to walk in Truth

            When my feet can no longer bring me, my heart leaps and jumps and skips to take me to a place where I can worship my Strength and my Shield for the Lord is my Salvation. He Redeems and is Merciful.

            When my tongue no longer forms syllables or words and my voice no longer creates sound, my heart will shout for joy. It will sing my thanks for You. How priceless is your Love for me.



            When my eyes no longer see, my heart will rush to the deepest seas and find You there. My heart will soar above the highest mountains and find You there, for You are Abundant and full of Light.

            When my body is so heavy, so stiff, no longer moves, my heart will take refuge and fly in the shadow of your wings. Your Faithfulness is great, and You hear my cry and bring me Hope



 
            When the darkness presses in and I am nothing but my pain, Christ comes to me. He whispers to my heart. In my imperfection, my heart seeks Him who is perfection and He can be found in Solitude.

            When I am at the end of my rope, the end of my self, the Holy Spirit groans for my heavy heart. My heart’s desire is Christ alone. My heart climbs two steps forward, one step back to a place where I can hear the angels sing

 



            When I have nothing but time stretching out before me, my heart finds a moment of Spiritual Beauty where my soul is cleansed of darkness. Out of His Abundant Salvation comes Spiritual Fullness.

            When I learn to be still, in the stillness my heart is healed, and I feel the nearness of the Kingdom of God. My heart longs to walk in the Garden. For there, the Hand that flung the stars in space will hold my heart.

When I cross over Jordan, the Hand that bore the nails for all my sins will Heal my broken body. The Hand that stilled the waters, will wipe away the last tears my eyes will ever shed.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment