Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Make Me Teachable



Tuesday, November 27, 2012 
Daily Readings, Year 2 Revised Common Lectionary

Psalms of ASCENT: 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 125, 126
Zechariah (THE PROPHET OF THE LONG VISION) 11:4-17
1 Corinthians 3:10-23
Luke 18: 15-30

Dear God, it is cold outside. Even if, I managed to put on enough clothes, it will not change the temperature. Let me cocoon myself in the stillness of a childlike spirit.

Remind me to sing as my feet trudge, but my heart runs up the mountain toward the quietness of your presence and protection. Help me twirl with outstretched arms as you raise me out of the broken snare that is my body, into your high and holy city of absolute freedom.

 Turn my supply of useless emptiness into tears of overflowing joy, according to your promises. Jesus, touch me with your cleansing, quieting, illuminating, reassuring and liberating hands. Help me find that place of humility and understanding necessary to seeing, hearing and feeling your arms of mercy.

Make me responsive and teachable, so that in being weighed and measured, I may be found understanding, forgiving, peaceable, considerate, submissive, and merciful. For those are the ways I want to be; even when it is hardest to be among others.

 I know that I am not only expected to learn, but to educate as your collaborator, even if I never say a word. Let others see only you. May my spirit be only a window through which others see beyond me to you. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment