Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Psalm 70, Isaiah 50:4-9, Hebrews 12:1-3, John 13:21-32




Psalm 70

Uploaded on Aug 13, 2009
This is Psalm 70 (lit. from NIV) put to music by the Solomon's Porch worship band, off of their album "Invite Us".
  • Category

  • License

    Standard YouTube LicenseLet

    Lord, as your servant, I beg you to release me that I may serve you. You have given me the tongue of a teacher. Let me sustain the weary with your word. Let me listen so I may not be rebellious, but stand with your Son as he faces good-byes, as he is crucified. Let me listen beneath the cross as those who are taught.

    As I stand, surrounded by by those who have stood in faith before me, let me run with perseverance the race that is set before me. Give me courage to embrace hardship, pain, and to face strong opposition for the sake of securing your promises. Help me to endure on account that my obedience will make me malleable so you can shape me to your will.

    Let me not betray you or in any way trouble you in spirit, Jesus. Rather let me be the servant of servants. The washer of the feet of those need your grace and my love. As we face the night that is to come, prepare us by your love to love one another.


    The daily readings are adapted from The Book of Common PrayerDaily Readings for Year One.   http://www.crivoice.org/lent1.html

    *My personal study bible for this Liturgical Year is The Wesley Study Bible, New Revised Standard Version, Abingdon Press, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment