Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Silence of a Hundred Days by Shelly Wampler

Today I think about remembering. It's deeper than finding the remote or," did I miss an appointment?"

Aging makes me think of all the things I've been through that mean so very much to me. 


Things that were life changing can be taken away now. 

Memory can slip away and never be found. 



Looking at a photograph of someone you don't know but have heard about..except the person, is you. 

Forgetting the names of strangers at a meeting takes on a whole new meaning when you know they were named by you and taught how to read and tie their shoes. 

Knowing how I loved someone and after 7 years, the faces are still clear, and the voices still speak in the silence of a hundred days. 

To remember causes pain and to forget leaves scars on my heart.


Posted May 23, 2017 by permission of the author

No comments:

Post a Comment