Thursday, July 5, 2012

And Then I Remembered ...Elohim


(10/15/2005) I have been reading Kay Aruthur’s The Peace & Power of Knowing God’s Name this week 

The first name of God mentioned in scripture is Elohim.   This is God the creator.  This is the God of power.  Ths is God who speaks, and “it is so”. El means “mighty” or strong;” him is plural, referring to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. 

Colossians 1:16 tells us that in Jesus Christ ALL things were created.  That, my friend, includes you.  AND he made you just he way you are.  God is your creator. You exist because of God, You are the unique and distinctive handiwork of Elohim.

He formed you.  Specifically.  Individually.  Thoughtfully.  Carefully.  Precisely the way you are.  Why?  For Him!  Read Psalm 139:13-15.  Christina Serrata shared with me today that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  I’ve struggled with that this week.  Thank you Christina.  I am exactly as Elohim designed me to be.  And that design has a purpose.  To bring glory to God.  (Ex 4:11, John 9:2,3)

Thank Elohim, he doesn’t expect me to understand, he simply asks that I trust in His name.  Is 50:10, Is43:1, 3-4, 7)

I have been created by His design. I am precious in his sight, I have been called by my name and I am made to give Him glory.

The word “glory” means to “give the correct opinion or estimate of.   All I have to do is live in such as way that gives all I meet a correct opinion or estimate of who God is.  How should I live if I am to live this way?

I have been weary and distressed this past week.  Bill says I have been emotionally fragile, anxious, and basically a basket case.   At times I have not even been able to answer the phone, knowing that a GOOD friend is on the other end of the line.  I have not been able to talk even with my mother for fear that I couldn’t hold it together.  Several times I have been reminded to take a deep breath. Some days it was all I could do to get up and get dressed. Somehow this has not struck me as a good way to give a correct opinion or estimate of God…. I did not understand how my situation could ever bring him glory.  And then I remembered…
The Name of he Lord (Elohim) is a strong tower. The righteous run into it and are safe (Prov 18:10)  His NAME is a fortress in times of weariness and distress.  

By RUNNING to Him, by trusting in His will for my life (knowing that he knows why and I don’t have to), by depending on His peace, love, and mercy (knowing that he made me just the way I am and he doesn’t make mistakes), by depending on his power (knowing that this too will pass, and I will know myself better and be stronger for the experience), and that this learning time will help me discover the things I need to change, the things I need to get rid of, the things that are keeping me from fulfilling the purpose of my creation, that keep me from being and doing what I was created for WILL bring Him glory, especially if I am willing to make the journey where others can see.

Thank you for your hugs, for sharing my tears, for holding me in His sheltering arms by holding me in yours, for being a phone call away, for being a part of my support system.  Thank you for your prayers.  Know that I am praying for you, for I know that this is a big part of the purpose for which I was created.   May Elohim, who made you just the way you are and for His glory, bless you and hold you in the palm of His Hand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment