Thursday, July 12, 2012

Love, God's True Religion

Lord of all power and might, the author and giver of all good things: graft in my heart the love of your name, increase in me true religion (not Law, but love), nourish me with goodness and your great mercy, keep me in the same, through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

Psalm 119:97-120 (MSG)
Oh, how I love all you've revealed; Your commands...never become obsolete...With your instruction, I understand life....By your words I can see where I am going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path...[When] everything's falling apart on me, God; put me together again with your Word....You're my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me....Stick with me and I'll be all right.

God, my shelter and my shield, deal with me according to your loving mercy, for your commands are the joy of my heart and give me light and life, in Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

Psalm 81 (MSG)
God says: "I took the world off your shoulders....You called to me in your pain; I got you out of a bad place....Oh, dear people will you listen to me now? ...will you follow my map? ...You'll feast on my fresh baked bread spread with butter and rock-pure honey."

Father of mercy, keep me joyful in your salvation and faithful to your covenant; and as I journey to your kingdom, ever feed me with the bread of life, your Son, my Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

Romans 1:28-2:11 (MSG)
...Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. I  atakes one to know one.... God is not so easily diverted...He holds you to what you've done.... Better think this one through from the beginning. God is kind, but he's not soft. In kindness he takes us firmly by the hand and leads us into a radical life-change. ...in the end you get what's coming to you.... If you go against the grain, you get splinters, regardless of which neghborhood you're from, what your parents taught you, what schools you attended. But if you embrace the way God does things, there are wonderful payoffs, again without regard to where you are from or how you were raised. ...God pays no attention to what others say (or what you think) about you. He makes up his own mind.

I lift up my heart to the heavenly places. Inspire me to serve you. Send down the gift of your Holy Spirit. Help me tread underfoot injustice and wrong. Help me to proclaim the good news of salvation, and grant me the needful gifts of your grace. Deliver me from the death of sin and raise me to new life in your love by the grace of my Lord Jesus Christ Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment